yz400f exhaust fitment, what other years?

6 replies to this topic
  • tek_01

Posted February 21, 2010 - 11:41 PM

My brother looped out doing a wheelie on the weekend and crushed his yoshi pipe beyond repair. Im assuming the 426 exhausts fit but what about the first gen 450s? just the silencer is needed and i have my stock one here for the time being
any help appreciated
thanks

• grayracer513

Posted February 22, 2010 - 08:26 AM

450 pipes are iffy. Some will, some won't. Stock ones generally won't. Aftermarket pipes made as the FMF products are, with a slip-on band for a muffler hanger and a separate mid pipe, are more flexible as to fit, and are more likely to be usable.

• garrettstump

Posted February 26, 2010 - 09:19 AM

so is what your saying gray is that basically the 450's exhaust will fit my 426 header but the exhaust mount will have to be movable or modified unless has a slide bracket.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 26, 2010 - 09:44 AM

Sometimes. Sometimes they fit. The mid pipe mounting hole and the rear hanger misalign by small amounts each. Sometimes you can do some minor filing or tweaking, sometimes it seems impractical. Case by case.

• c_dasilva127

Posted February 26, 2010 - 01:25 PM

i bought a ti powercore for an 03-05 450 for my '00 426. the holes dont match up but the spacing is very small. i just bolted it at the sub frame and the bracket on the muffler is about half an inch lower than the mounting hole so i just made a bracket and drilled two holes in it, one for the bracket one the can, and one for the subframe and it mounted right up.

Edited by c_dasilva127, February 26, 2010 - 01:45 PM.

• yz454

Posted February 26, 2010 - 09:01 PM

Go with the 426 pipe.The pipe volume works well on the 400.

• buzzgrizz

Posted February 26, 2010 - 10:39 PM

i bought a ti powercore for an 03-05 450 for my '00 426. the holes dont match up but the spacing is very small. i just bolted it at the sub frame and the bracket on the muffler is about half an inch lower than the mounting hole so i just made a bracket and drilled two holes in it, one for the bracket one the can, and one for the subframe and it mounted right up.

I was wandering how you go that newer style fmf to fit.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.