Need advice on '06 YZ450

4 replies to this topic
  • tazzman81401

Posted February 21, 2010 - 09:34 PM

I am 200 pound guy, looking to by a bike, found a great price on a 06 yz250f, am i to big for this bike. I have been looking at the 450's, but the price is unbeatable, and VERY clean!!!!!

• cowboyona426

Posted February 22, 2010 - 08:37 AM

You'll have fun on the 250F for a while, then you'll probably get bored with it. First time bike owner I take it? Lots of good deals to be had right now if you are patient.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • baja931

Posted February 22, 2010 - 08:44 AM

If your a first time bike owner and havent rode before i think you would be good starting off on the 250F. You may be a little on the big side but it would be good to get used the 250 first. What do you plan on doing with it.

• MR2turbo4evr

Posted February 22, 2010 - 10:56 AM

If this will be your first bike and you're planning on taking it on tracks mostly, I would personally recommend a YZ250F. I bought a 2006 YZ450F late last year and use it mostly to rip around in ditches and all over the place. The bike is perfect for what I use it for and I looooove the power of it, but I feel very uncomfortable with it on the track (I've only ridden it on a track once so far) due to gearing (stock), weight, height and lack of experience.

• writebrian

Posted February 22, 2010 - 10:17 PM

You will have fun for 60 days and then be thinking "what if" and will buy a 450. Don't do it unless the deal is SO good that you can get your money back out of it when you are ready to move up in 60-90 days.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.