yz400 max rpm

3 replies to this topic
  • Kevin

Posted December 06, 2000 - 05:20 AM

Just bought a 98 400. Trying to gear it for TT. Anybody know the max rpm? Does it have a rev-limiter?
Thanx
Kevin

• Me

Posted December 07, 2000 - 01:03 PM

11,ooo for a 98 11,200 for a 99 thats on the limiter

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Le_Racer

Posted December 08, 2000 - 12:34 PM

Salut!
I didn't knew the 98 had a lower limit on RPM, my 99 was cutting out at 11250 on the dyno, same with my 426 with stock ignition.
I've tried a FMF prototype ignition that was programmed for dirt tack and didn't have a limiter, it did rev to 12500 on the dyno with a modified motor, OS valves, stiffer springs, cam, porting, 13.5:1 comp.ratio. I did try that on my bike with not so good result for ice racing (too smooth in the midrange with stock comp ratio) but it would have been good for it's intended purpose: flat track.
Later
Guy

• Kevin

Posted December 08, 2000 - 03:50 PM

Thanks Me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.