Stock 08 Pro Taper bar specs?

7 replies to this topic
  • intensem1rider

Posted February 21, 2010 - 07:54 AM

I currently have a Scotts sub mount kit and that raises the bars through the roof. With my Renthal McGrath bend the bars are just way to high now.

I'm looking at the Pro Taper Universal Lo with a 71mm total rise, and 55mm sweep. However, I can find stock Pro Taper bars for sale for really cheap.

Does anyone know what the specs are on the stock Pro Tapers?

• BaileyAZ

Posted February 22, 2010 - 02:56 PM

I currently have CR Hi bend on my bike with the stock mounts. I am going be installing my BRP Sub Mount this week with the stock bars. I will let you know how it compares.

• l_campionero

Posted February 22, 2010 - 03:33 PM

The stock Yamaha Pro Taper bend is a proprietary bend, and is not available in the aftemarket.

• grayracer513

Posted February 22, 2010 - 03:52 PM

They are pretty similar to the specs you gave for the Universal Low. If I can remember, I'll measure mine out tonight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BaileyAZ

Posted February 23, 2010 - 07:39 PM

I currently have CR Hi bend on my bike with the stock mounts. I am going be installing my BRP Sub Mount this week with the stock bars. I will let you know how it compares.

I finished the install today and took it for a quick ride. I like the feel of the taller mount and the sweep on the bar is better with the extra height. So far, so good. I will get a solid ride in on Thursday and will post a report.

• intensem1rider

Posted February 28, 2010 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for the updates guys!

Those CR Hi's are about 10mm taller than my McGraths. I'm wondering if they feel so gigantic to me because I haven't ridden my bike for 7 months?

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted February 28, 2010 - 08:07 AM

Stock Bars measure:

811mm = width

85mm = height

36mm = pullback

• intensem1rider

Posted February 28, 2010 - 01:35 PM

Stock Bars measure:

811mm = width

85mm = height

36mm = pullback

Thanks very much!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.