vent hose routing after install sub mount damper?

4 replies to this topic
  • HunterGSXR

Posted February 20, 2010 - 03:30 PM

Where are you guys routing your hoses? I haven't found a good place since putting on my Scotts damper :ride:

• l_campionero

Posted February 20, 2010 - 03:54 PM

What hose? The gas cap hose? Stuff it between the tank and the frame, or between the clutch cable and the frame. Doesn't really matter, as long as it's not flopping around.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JWW

Posted February 20, 2010 - 07:50 PM

I stick mine through a bracket on the left side.

Posted Image

Edited by JWW, February 20, 2010 - 10:52 PM.

• waterman7474

Posted February 22, 2010 - 09:15 PM

get a little stubbie vent hose

• RR@ARS

Posted February 23, 2010 - 07:38 AM

get a little stubbie vent hose

I tried 3 dirrefent brands of those stubbie vent caps and none of them worked for me. They all did not vent properly and ended up causing my bike to stall after about 30 seconds. I even pulled the one off my other bike that I knew was not defective and it still did not work on the wr450.

I use a longer hose and route it under the sub mounted damper

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.