2001 YZF426 - Cold Start

3 replies to this topic
  • Clint12

Posted February 19, 2010 - 09:56 AM

Late last summer I purchased a 2001 YZF426 and it ran great. This is my first four stroke and at first it was a little tricky to start but I quickly got the nack of it and it was no longer a problem. Through out the winter I have tried to start it a few times with no luck. Is this just because of the cold (live in Toronto Canada) or should I be checking other things? I put a brand new plug in it, new gas in it... If it is the cold then how do the guys that ice race them get them started? Any pointers would be great.. Thanks guys

• lowercasee

Posted February 19, 2010 - 10:43 AM

Have you checked your valve clearances? Tight valves will make it difficult to start.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clint12

Posted February 19, 2010 - 10:57 AM

no but I will certainly check this afternoon when i get home.. I dont know what I'm looking for really but with the power of Google and TT I'm sure I will figure it out.. thanks

• niterider40

Posted February 19, 2010 - 08:12 PM

I have alot of trouble starting mine too. If its been started the day before I'm usually fine but luckily I have a place to warm it up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.