Rear Fender Fix

3 replies to this topic
  • AKU

Posted May 19, 2003 - 01:06 PM

I have a 99 WR400 duel sported with the MSR kit. The kit gives you a YZ rear fender and rear light mount that bolts up under the fender. When I ride the weight of the light causes my fender to flex and makes it crack. I am trying some homemade bracing but wondered if anyone else has had this problem and has come up with a good fix??

• oRGie

Posted May 19, 2003 - 01:37 PM

the simple back light and licence plate brackets you get round here are pretty small and light and i saw no problems on the yz250 i had. is the light like really large, road bike size or something ? maybe just a smaller light is needed..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rockieman

Posted May 19, 2003 - 02:41 PM

I, like you run a YZ fender on my WR ....I went with the Acerbis under the fender mounted light....works great and cost like $40 bucks.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted May 19, 2003 - 02:48 PM

When I first bought my bike (used) in 2000 it had a YZ fender and one of those mounts you're writing about. The previous owner put on one of those plastic fender braces to keep the fender from flexing. It didn't work. I tore off the license plate several times when it connected with the tire knobs. I eventually got a WR fender which is much stiffer and more resistant to flexing.

Here's how I mounted the license plate on the WR fender:
Posted Image

The license plate light is a 5 mm white LED that is connected in with the taillight circuit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.