seat and bars

12 replies to this topic
  • rmx250rider

Posted February 18, 2010 - 11:50 AM

I have a 05 yz450f with protaper low bend bars and stock seat
I'm 6' 3"

I seen other taller rider with tall seat foam and high bend bars, how does it help us out? I dont want to spend the money if i dont have to

• wakin

Posted February 18, 2010 - 12:01 PM

I have an 06 with ProTaper KX High's & SDG tall seat. IMO the best investment for my height (6'4) has been Fastway footpegs with the lowboy mount.

• grayracer513

Posted February 18, 2010 - 12:20 PM

I'm under 6' and ride with the Pro Taper Windham bend, which moves the hands up AND forward about 15mm. Makes a world of difference. My son at 6'5" runs the same bars. Both of us use stock seats. He grew to his current size on the bike he rides, so it feels comfortable and normal to him. The tall seat helps a lot of guys, too.

Frankly, I don't see how anyone can be comfortable with the stock or similar bars.

• 426 NOOB

Posted February 18, 2010 - 06:08 PM

I have the pastrana fmx bars and the pro taper adjustable top clamp with i think the 30mm tall clamps. It is on the farthest forward setting and man is it comfortable. I can stand up comfortably and it feels even better sitting. Im 6'4".

• Smokeslider

Posted February 18, 2010 - 07:08 PM

6'5" here with Pastrana FMX bend and Scotts underbar stabilizer mount. Really pumps those bars into the air and I wouldn't have it any other way.

BTW-- Also running low pegs and tall seat

• rmx250rider

Posted February 18, 2010 - 09:27 PM

I got some woods high bars from a friend and so far i like them alot better then the low bend, wouldnt a tall seat put me at a higher center of gravity?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 18, 2010 - 09:33 PM

When you're seated, yes, but it also makes it easier to get up out of the saddle, and, if you feel like your legs are cramped when you sit forward, it will help with that, too.

• wakin

Posted February 19, 2010 - 12:01 PM

If you look at tall seats I'd recommend a Guts tall seat. I have the SDG on my YZ & the fit isn't great. I had Guts on a WR & liked it better. Just my opinion. Like I said previously, the lowered pegs was the most significant mod for me to not feel so cramped.

• Aka.Goose

Posted February 19, 2010 - 08:31 PM

So much better for big guys to have a tall seat, wide pegs, and higher bars...
Made a world of difference for me at 6'3" 200lbs...
My SDG fit perfectly, btw...

• rmx250rider

Posted February 19, 2010 - 10:45 PM

thanks for the help guys, what pegs would you recommend?

• Aka.Goose

Posted February 20, 2010 - 04:00 PM

I freaking love my Roc Stompa pegs but they were silly expensive ($175 on ebay shipped from Singapore)... I had the money at the time so I went for it, and I'm so glad I did...Has made such a big difference in how long I can ride comfortably...really...Stock pegs felt like I was kind of balancing on them, these are like you're standing on the freaking ground...

• mike_dean

Posted February 20, 2010 - 04:25 PM

I'm 6'2", but long legs, SDG tall seat, Windham pro tapers, Fastway lowered pegs, and GYTR bar mounts (up 5mm and forward). I don't know if the bar mounts will work on an '05 triple clamp though.

• Smokeslider

Posted February 23, 2010 - 06:46 AM

I've got the fastway pegs myself, I've had to make some interesting mods to make the camber correct but they work great and I would recommend them,....

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.