KLX140 Upside Down Fork Mod?

10 replies to this topic
  • robloe30

Posted February 18, 2010 - 10:10 AM

Hey guys, has anyone done the KX100 fork mod to there 140? If so, was it difficult? How well did it work?

Thanks

• 4strokeridertt

Posted February 18, 2010 - 11:27 AM

Buy them, Bolt them on, go ride. Use KLX wheel and KX brake brake line.
Use either master cyclinder. KLX master is softer and more progressive better for newer riders. KX master is great.
Stiffer springs and valving needed for all but the smallest riders. KLX front fender just touches tire on the big hits or drops.

• robloe30

Posted February 18, 2010 - 01:13 PM

Thanks 4stoker. My sons 11 soon to be 12 didn't want to buy a new bike as he gets older. Looking to get the most out of the KLX140 I can, bought it new and has set for almost a year. It only has about 1/2 hour total on it! Can't see buying a new bike. Thanks

• bspill1

Posted February 19, 2010 - 11:15 AM

want to sell it?

• Tucker65

Posted April 05, 2010 - 04:54 AM

I'm looking to do the fork mod on my wifes 140l and was wondering if there were any particular years of forks to use or if any of the upside down forks will work. I found a good deal on a complete front end from a 94 KX80 big wheel but just want to make sure they will work. I'm also curious about the rear shock from that bike, will it be a good candidate for switching over to the KLX.

Thanks, John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bspill1

Posted April 05, 2010 - 02:32 PM

that's too old. They need to be 1999 or newer... I think. Here is the link to the comprehensive thread.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=781109

• Tucker65

Posted April 05, 2010 - 03:59 PM

Too old because that is before the years with the upside down forks or too old and they won't bolt on? The picture that I saw of the bike that is being parted out has the upside down forks so if that year is too old maybe they were swapped out at a later date. Any info would help as I don't want to buy them if they won't work.

Thanks, John

• 2BDRZ

Posted April 07, 2010 - 06:57 PM

Too old because that is before the years with the upside down forks or too old and they won't bolt on? The picture that I saw of the bike that is being parted out has the upside down forks so if that year is too old maybe they were swapped out at a later date. Any info would help as I don't want to buy them if they won't work.

Thanks, John

Did you ever find a upside down fork for you wifes 140L

• bspill1

Posted April 07, 2010 - 07:31 PM

Thanks, John

damn, you got me. I thought it was because they were the standard forks as opposed to the upside down forks. A Google image search shows a bunch of both styles. That's all I got. Sorry Man

• Tucker65

Posted April 08, 2010 - 04:40 AM

Well, I found a few but they wanted more then I was willing to spend on them. I am just waiting for a set at the right price. I'm sure some will come up sooner or later.

Thanks, John

• art5

Posted April 10, 2010 - 04:14 AM

check on ebay, and the pre 1998 forks were old school. no valving and very few parts to hop them up, also heavy

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.