I lost some garage space today :-)

8 replies to this topic
  • BBrown626

Posted February 17, 2010 - 07:52 PM

OK. I have my first couple mods planned out. After work tomorrow I am going to Perris Raceway to remove the sharp edges from the tires and take some of the weight out of the gas tank. :ride::ride::lol:

Posted Image

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 17, 2010 - 08:03 PM

I wished I could do the same also.......But we have so much snow still on the ground here and it is about 20 degrees out so it will be a little while til i get to ride.

Posted Image

• dustcloud87

Posted February 17, 2010 - 09:16 PM

WOW!!! both are very nice!!

• BBrown626

Posted February 18, 2010 - 05:35 AM

[quote name='CaptainKnobby']I wished I could do the same also.......But we have so much snow still on the ground here and it is about 20 degrees out so it will be a little while til i get to ride.

/QUOTE]

Did you change your pipe already?

I read a few posts here about aftermarket opening up top end a little. My policy on replacing pipes is to wait until you destroy the one you have now. I race, but that sort of $$$ is hard to justify, particularly after spending so much on a new bike.

I am a 220# vet intermediate/Expert and ride MX exclusively. I know I'll need new springs, but I am going to put a few hours on it first. My son will likely ride it too, so I may need to keep it on the softer side for me.

I am very excited about riding it. I woke up a couple hours early this morning just thinking about it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted February 18, 2010 - 06:16 AM

[quote name='BBrown626'][quote name='CaptainKnobby']I wished I could do the same also.......But we have so much snow still on the ground here and it is about 20 degrees out so it will be a little while til i get to ride.

/QUOTE]

Did you change your pipe already?

I read a few posts here about aftermarket opening up top end a little. My policy on replacing pipes is to wait until you destroy the one you have now. I race, but that sort of $$$ is hard to justify, particularly after spending so much on a new bike.

I am a 220# vet intermediate/Expert and ride MX exclusively. I know I'll need new springs, but I am going to put a few hours on it first. My son will likely ride it too, so I may need to keep it on the softer side for me.

I am very excited about riding it. I woke up a couple hours early this morning just thinking about it![/QUOTE]

Yes..... I have changed the pipe but I have not been able to ride it yet cause of the snow.

• grayracer513

Posted February 18, 2010 - 09:18 AM

...I am going to Perris Raceway to remove the sharp edges from the tires .

With the tires they come with, that won't take long. What's up for the rest of the morning?

• myoung

Posted February 18, 2010 - 09:59 AM

You going to bring the pretty new four stroke out to the OTMX race at LACR this weekend? I'm sure the other two strokers would love to see it. :ride:

• BBrown626

Posted February 18, 2010 - 02:38 PM

You going to bring the pretty new four stroke out to the OTMX race at LACR this weekend? I'm sure the other two strokers would love to see it. :ride:

Hi Mike. I hoped to bring it out but I have to go to Philadelphia on Sunday :-(
I was on travel for the last race too.

I wish they would bring the races a little further south. LACR is over 100 miles for me.

• myoung

Posted February 18, 2010 - 05:14 PM

Bummer...........well, next month is Internationals and Rynoland. Rynoland will be close won't it? You going to hit any of the Internationals? You need to get that girl dirty! :ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.