Hour meter help?

4 replies to this topic
  • got5steelman

Posted February 17, 2010 - 04:59 PM

I just purchased an hour meter (moose)and have a couple questions on how to hook it up. I have an 05 YZ450, the instructions say to wrap the sensor wire around the spark plug wire, The YZ has a coil pack and not a spark plug wire. Do I need to wrap it around one of the 2 electrical wires on the connector and if so which one? Or do I need to hook it to somewhere else? Also it says to keep it in an area not to exceed 125 degrees, where is everyone mounting there hour meters. The 05 does not have the top tank mounting bolt at the top of the frame neck.

• MOTOXTREME222

Posted February 17, 2010 - 05:03 PM

Wrap the wire around the top of the boot or just under he top of the coil pack where it is round. I also used a zip tie to hold it tight. I mounted mine to the inside of my radiator shroud with 2 sided tape without a problem but there might be a better spot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Aka.Goose

Posted February 17, 2010 - 05:10 PM

Wrap it a couple times around the rubber boot that's over the coil...I ran the line up with the throttle cables, and mounted it in the bar pad because my hour meter also has RPM...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• 426 NOOB

Posted February 17, 2010 - 05:56 PM

Wrap it a couple times around the rubber boot that's over the coil...I ran the line up with the throttle cables, and mounted it in the bar pad because my hour meter also has RPM...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

that looks ridiculously clean. Great idea.

• motojase316

Posted February 18, 2010 - 03:06 AM

That is really cool Goose. Like the idea..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.