Shipping a bike, who to use?

3 replies to this topic
  • slowcrow

Posted May 19, 2003 - 07:41 AM

I need help in finding a company that will ship a YZ from Cali to Oklahoma. Do you guys have any recommendations of who to use and how much I might be looking at? Thanks!!

• galant2nr

Posted May 19, 2003 - 08:43 AM

These guys specalize in moving bikes, but you will pay a good amount for the service.
Transport

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scott2466

Posted May 19, 2003 - 08:57 AM

If the bike is crated, I would look at a LTL carrier like FedEx Freight (formally American Freightways) or one of those guys. I've had three bikes shipped - one from Arkansas to Ohio and one from Virginia to Arkansas did not pay over $90.00. The bike has to be crated (totally covered). Don't mention that it's used (if it is) as LTL carriers don't like to ship used equipment.

• ColoradoTim

Posted May 19, 2003 - 09:30 AM

Hello,
I've shipped two bikes from Ohio to Colorado for under $200 each. The last one I used is http://www.shipabf.com
A manufacturers crate is the best way to go because it needs to be forkliftable (new word?). It's also cheaper to drop it off and pick it up. Also booking on the internet comes with a discount. Size is more important than weight so If you're making a crate, go as small as you can.

Tim

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.