Poor response in 3rd with new jetting!

10 replies to this topic
  • gratefuldawg

Posted May 19, 2003 - 06:51 AM

I changed from the stock jetting to the LarryCo jetting 155MJ, 160MAJ, EKP #3, 38PJ, 65PAJ, 1.5 turns. The stock gave me poor response in 1st and 2nd but good response in 3rd, the jetting rocks in 1st and 2nd but is very poor in third, long hesitation. Really sucks when trying to cross the creeks. Any suggestions?

• Taffy

Posted May 19, 2003 - 10:19 PM

drop the needle once, then again. report back. should cure it.

• gratefuldawg

Posted May 20, 2003 - 03:33 AM

Thanks for the help. I have confused myself, to drop the needle do I go from 3 to 2 or 3 to 4. I know, damn Newbie's. I might be a couple of weeks before I can really test it out, I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

• CuLayTur

Posted May 20, 2003 - 05:22 AM

To drop the needle, raise the clip from position 3 to 2... You always read the clip positions from top to bottom.

• Taffy

Posted May 20, 2003 - 05:48 AM

NEVER say what you do to the clip, always say what you do to the needle. you'll never get confused that way. seriously!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CuLayTur

Posted May 20, 2003 - 06:23 AM

Good Point... Thanks

• gratefuldawg

Posted May 20, 2003 - 06:37 AM

Thanks for the help Guys, I will keep you informed.

• gratefuldawg

Posted June 23, 2003 - 08:30 AM

Finally got a chance to try the dropped needle, still some bog, I may try a 150 MJ and will report back, thanks for the help again. FYI- The plug was black after the initial change in jetting, will check tonight after dropping the needle once.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted June 24, 2003 - 12:00 AM

To check the plug colour for the main jet u need to shut it down on a full throttle run.

• Taffy

Posted June 24, 2003 - 07:39 PM

try dropping the needle again to clip 1!

• gratefuldawg

Posted June 25, 2003 - 04:13 AM

Will do, Taffy. Thanks

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.