hyde frame guard owners - please comment

10 replies to this topic
  • drick

Posted February 17, 2010 - 07:30 AM

hey,

i just ordered a pair of hyde frame guards for my 09 450f:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=871609

when i got them there was nothing else in the bag except for the guards and 4 zip ties? from my other post it appears that others have received a mounting kit?

so, my question for all owners is what did you get with your purchase?

option 1 - guards only

option 2 - guards with mounting kit (please also post what was included with the kit)

if everyone got the guard only, please post what you used to connect them to the frame part wise so i can go buy it.

have to say I'm disappointed with the whole experience so far. parts took forever to ship, no instructions, and no mounting equipment. :ride:

• JDLowrance

Posted February 17, 2010 - 09:39 AM

Should be straight forward to install. Place in position and secure with zip-ty. No?

John

• drick

Posted February 17, 2010 - 09:55 AM

Should be straight forward to install. Place in position and secure with zip-ty. No?

John

JD i'm sure that would likely work, but i was hoping for something a little more robust.

• JDLowrance

Posted February 17, 2010 - 05:00 PM

I don't bother with frame guards. Just occasionaly scrub the area with a little Scotch Brite pad during washing and looks brand new.

Tried some Lightspeed GF guards on my 07 YZ450F and the frame got more chewed up using them than not. Dirt gets under them and scratches the frame vs a little scuffing from boots.

John

• drick

Posted February 17, 2010 - 09:53 PM

I don't bother with frame guards. Just occasionaly scrub the area with a little Scotch Brite pad during washing and looks brand new.

Tried some Lightspeed GF guards on my 07 YZ450F and the frame got more chewed up using them than not. Dirt gets under them and scratches the frame vs a little scuffing from boots.

John

i may end up sending these back, not really feeling them

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RSAthump

Posted February 19, 2010 - 01:14 AM

stick them on the fram, use the zip ties to attach, ive been using them for two years and I have had no problems..

• drick

Posted March 01, 2010 - 07:21 AM

stick them on the fram, use the zip ties to attach, ive been using them for two years and I have had no problems..

i actually can't use these without cutting them up as i already have a works connection cylinder guard, and these won't mount over the top.

after trying to get a hold of the hyde guys for 2 weeks, i finally gave up on them & these and started trying to return them. i had to wait another week for the paypal dispute to go through (only way they ever responded at all BTW), and finally got them to set up an RMA. i do have to pay the shipping back, and pay for the shipping here which is a joke as he charged me $11 and it took like 2 weeks for them to get 1/2 across the US, but that's another story.

based on my experience with HR, i have to say that i would warn people away from these guards both from a product and company standpoint. both are a bit lacking, and customer service clearly is not even marginally important to them.

just my $.02..

• Bryan Bosch

Posted March 01, 2010 - 07:34 AM

hey,

i just ordered a pair of hyde frame guards for my 09 450f:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=871609

when i got them there was nothing else in the bag except for the guards and 4 zip ties? from my other post it appears that others have received a mounting kit?

so, my question for all owners is what did you get with your purchase?

option 1 - guards only

option 2 - guards with mounting kit (please also post what was included with the kit)

if everyone got the guard only, please post what you used to connect them to the frame part wise so i can go buy it.

have to say I'm disappointed with the whole experience so far. parts took forever to ship, no instructions, and no mounting equipment. :thumbsup:

Me too. Well, I did get zip ties for the frame guards, but for the front disc guard, fork lower guard and swingarm guard, no instructions and a baggy of bolts so I could guess where they went. Product is pretty good however. I'm using the frame guards and front disc guard. The fork lower guard didn't fit at all and I decided not to install the swingarm guard.

• drick

Posted March 01, 2010 - 07:47 AM

Me too. Well, I did get zip ties for the frame guards, but for the front disc guard, fork lower guard and swingarm guard, no instructions and a baggy of bolts so I could guess where they went. Product is pretty good however. I'm using the frame guards and front disc guard. The fork lower guard didn't fit at all and I decided not to install the swingarm guard.

Bryan, did you ever try to contact them? if so, did you get any response? that is what pisses me off. i hate it when a company has no problem taking your money, but then when you need help is nowhere to be found.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted March 01, 2010 - 09:19 AM

I did, but the response was pretty apethetic. So, I just let it go. I just didn't feel like bothering with it for some reason.

• drick

Posted March 02, 2010 - 07:25 AM

i actually can't use these without cutting them up as i already have a works connection cylinder guard, and these won't mount over the top.

after trying to get a hold of the hyde guys for 2 weeks, i finally gave up on them & these and started trying to return them. i had to wait another week for the paypal dispute to go through (only way they ever responded at all BTW), and finally got them to set up an RMA. i do have to pay the shipping back, and pay for the shipping here which is a joke as he charged me $11 and it took like 2 weeks for them to get 1/2 across the US, but that's another story.

based on my experience with HR, i have to say that i would warn people away from these guards both from a product and company standpoint. both are a bit lacking, and customer service clearly is not even marginally important to them.

just my $.02..

i then had to pay another $15 to send them back to him (that was the cheapest UPS rate for the original packaging). so this experiment has taken over a month, cost me out of pocket money for something I'm not going to use, and the product won't even fit my bike.

:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.