What brand of bearings - for WR400?

4 replies to this topic
  • Daaaan

Posted February 16, 2010 - 02:24 PM

Hi

I am about to replace all the bearings on my bike ('98 WR400) and, after reading some posts on the forums i realised that some of the bearings don't fit certain bikes.

So I was wondering if any of you had issues installing them, and while we're at it, which brand do you reccomend? - All Balls, Pivot Works, Moose, etc.

Cheers :ride:

• Daaaan

Posted February 17, 2010 - 12:17 AM

c'mon guys...help a "comrade" here...i need to get those bearings ASAP... :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRFMike_5

Posted February 17, 2010 - 12:19 AM

lol sorry I know im not helping but its hard to get a reply on this forum quick.... maybe just for wr400's?

• bg10459

Posted February 17, 2010 - 06:32 AM

I've had good luck with All Balls, but if you know the bearing dimensions (bearing numbers) you can save a lot of money buying them off ebay or from an industrial supply house. Koyo (All Balls uses these), NTN, VXB and SKF are a few good manufacturers.

• motodiver13

Posted February 18, 2010 - 11:27 AM

I just did my swingarm and linkage on a 400 with pivot works. So far so good. I didn't mind paying a few extra bucks to get seals spacwrs etc... I would definately buy wheel bearings from a bearing supply company. Whistler Bearing is good.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.