SuperMoto wheels on 02 YZ426 with stock brake line

4 replies to this topic
  • rufusz

Posted February 16, 2010 - 02:43 AM

Hi

How do you mount SM wheels on a 02 YZ426F with stock brake lines? I'm having thoughts because the brake line is routed "around" the front axle and I believe it won't be long enough to reach the caliper once it has been relocated due to the 280mm front disk.

thx

• pscook

Posted February 16, 2010 - 05:50 PM

Just loosen the clamps and move the lines. No problems on mine, and I had the same worries. When I mount the dirt wheels up I don't even move the line back, just leave it. It only moves an inch or so with the oversize rotor. Oh, and if you remove the inside pad you don't have to remove the rotor when removing or installing the wheel. It's a pain, but you have to do it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rufusz

Posted February 17, 2010 - 02:33 AM

Thx

Will try it soon :ride: But I always changed the SM/dirt wheels without removing the rotor. I've just pushed back the brake pads and that's it. Oh, that was with the other brake-line, not the OEM one...

• pscook

Posted February 17, 2010 - 09:08 AM

Do you have a 320mm rotor? If it's 310 or smaller you shouldn't have a problem. It's the 320 diameter (and extra thickness) that causes heartache when changing wheels.

• gbalias

Posted February 19, 2010 - 03:33 AM

i slid the line down in the clamp....

thats on a 310:

Posted Image

and built a rig for my other one:
Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.