I had 2 of these go out. I tried a few things when I installed the 2nd one and those did not work. But here is what did: Yamaha
mechanic suggested that I use a few drops of superglue to hold the gasket in place in certain areas of the cover. So I put a few around each corner, in the section where the half moon shapes are and especially a few aournd the spark plug hole area as that is where my 2 previous gaskets had torn. Yamaha
told me that it appeared to be some slippage or movement of the gasket causing it to tear. With this new superglue technique I have got about 80 hours on it now and several oil changes and extensive riding and no issues. I was holding off on posting this because I wanted to make real sure it was fixed and it appears to be fully resolved. I noticed that yamaha was also extended a leash portion of the gasket to connect both sides of the spark plug gasket area to increase the support. This was done on my second gasket but I cut if off thinking it should not be there since the original did not have it. Now I know it was meant to be there to help resolve this issue.
Good luck and hope this solves this issue for everyone!