Sand dune air pressures ??

8 replies to this topic
  • JDLowrance

Posted February 15, 2010 - 02:52 PM

Off to Glammis this weekend and just shoe horned a paddle on the WR. Been a while since I've been tothe dunes and for the life of me I can't remember what air pressure to run in the tires. I'm guessing 8psi front and 6psi rear. Close?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

• JDLowrance

Posted February 15, 2010 - 07:22 PM

Off to Glammis this weekend and just shoe horned a paddle on the WR. Been a while since I've been tothe dunes and for the life of me I can't remember what air pressure to run in the tires. I'm guessing 8psi front and 6psi rear. Close?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

• Butta

Posted February 15, 2010 - 08:00 PM

I usually run about 10 in the front and 8-10 in the rear for the dunes.....others may have a different opinion. Might want to stiffen up your suspension a bit too, as the sand will become much more "giving" than dirt, and you want the bike to ride higher.

• mjw1

Posted February 15, 2010 - 08:24 PM

I usually run about 15 in the front and 20 in the rear on my paddle tire but if you dont jump i would run about 10 in both tires.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted February 16, 2010 - 12:16 PM

If you have a paddle for the rear run it at 20 psi, no reason to run it low since it wont help traction and high pressure helps resist spinning on the rim. As for the front I normally go around 8.

• Wing Nut

Posted February 16, 2010 - 12:25 PM

I usually run around 15 on the paddle and 10 up front on a knobbie.

Also, don't forget to remove your plastic shock guard, or your paddle will do it for you.

• Butta

Posted February 16, 2010 - 01:30 PM

If you have a paddle for the rear run it at 20 psi, no reason to run it low since it wont help traction and high pressure helps resist spinning on the rim. As for the front I normally go around 8.

Interesting.....I run 10 in the rear to aid in floatation....

• wondermuscle

Posted February 16, 2010 - 01:59 PM

Interesting.....I run 10 in the rear to aid in floatation....

Same here.

• BigRichard

Posted February 16, 2010 - 05:17 PM

If it is a tight fit I would recommend a higher pressure like 15psi. If you air down the paddle will grow more at higher RPM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.