handlebar setup/adjustment tips.

2 replies to this topic
  • ROB450F

Posted February 14, 2010 - 07:13 AM

what is there to look/feel for? been researching bars etc and found that you can get all sorts of different setups, risers ect, basically looking for some advice or guidelines in setting up/purchasing bars to suit me . at the moment i've got pro taper on the bike no idea what series as i bought the bike second hand aslo noticed that the projection of the bars is on +1 whats the go with projection?

i know i've been thrashing this forum lately and it's been really helpfull, i've been riding for a fair few years now and only just starting to setup my bike to suit me hence all my thread about suspension setting etc which have been really helpful and made a world of difference in the feel of the bike.
so thanks again for all the help!

Cheers
Rob
:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lankyrider

Posted February 14, 2010 - 10:48 AM

It's not easy to choose a handlebar if you don't try some different bends first.
It also depends on how tall are you and what type of riding you do.
In general you have to setup your bars in a way which you can ride comfortably both sitting and standing.

• ROB450F

Posted February 15, 2010 - 04:26 AM

yeh its a bit of mucking around been messing with risers and different projection and it feel a bit better as for being comfortable in both positions, got a set of stock bars today to try out n see the difference.

thanks for the advice mate appreciate it.

cheers
Rob
:ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

• Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.