BEARINGS

2 replies to this topic
  • Aussie_Rider

Posted May 17, 2003 - 10:38 PM

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS INSTALLED ONE OF THE "PIVOTWORKS" LINKAGE OR SWINGARM BEARING KITS ON THEIR WR.IS THE PRICE AND QUALITY BETTER THAN THE OEM STUFF

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted May 18, 2003 - 03:22 AM

I installed (3) kits on a friends YZ426:

Swingarm kit
linkage kit
shock kit

The quality seemed at least equal to OEM. I'd go OEM IF it is cheaper.

• Jim_Bob

Posted May 18, 2003 - 04:42 PM

I have used the swingarm and linkage kit before. Both have lasted well. In the future I will be more careful in removing the seals- (especially the larger plastic ones in the swingarm and the thrust bearings) reuse them and buy the individual bearings from a bearing shop. OEM are just a bit too expensive for my liking. eg $80 AUS for 1 rose bearing for the bottom of the shock!!!
JB

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.