YZ250F pricing

7 replies to this topic
  • GNCCYZ400

Posted December 01, 2000 - 06:37 AM

I picked-up my 250F last night :) and was wondering what kind of price the dealers were getting for the 426's "little" brother.
I paid 5,729 OTD for mine in NC.

Jeff

------------------

'98 YZ400F
'01 YZ250F
'98 CBR600F3

• jimt_yz400

Posted December 01, 2000 - 07:59 AM

I'll be paying $5499.00 plus tax and license therefore OTD will be $6022.25 depending if they are going to charge a setup fee which
can range from $100 to $250.
The CA pricing REALLY SUCKS!!!
I'm moving to Minnesota!!

• Scott_F

Posted December 01, 2000 - 09:33 AM

The "set up" fee is just the dealers way of padding the bill on a popular bike. They have a way of disappearing when the dealer really wants to move a bike.

I think if you lived in Minnesota with a three month riding season, you would be glad to move to CA and pay extra for year round riding. :)

• bashn

Posted December 07, 2000 - 07:03 AM

Just bought mine from a dealer in Cheyenne, Wyoming for $5499 OTD. Couldn't believe it. He had one sitting on the floor. Had to drive 90 miles to pick it up. All the local dealers here in Boulder are wait-listing and want 6K OTD. I decided to pick up the phone and start calling dealers outside the Denver area. 1st call...Do you have a YZ250F? Yes. How much? $5,499. How much out the door? $5,499. OK, I'll be there in 2 hours.

I found this dealer by plugging city names into the zip code finder, then plugging the zip codes into the Yamaha dealer finder. I came up with some dealers I never heard of.

Mark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bashn

Posted December 07, 2000 - 07:03 AM

Just bought mine from a dealer in Cheyenne, Wyoming for $5499 OTD. Couldn't believe it. He had one sitting on the floor. Had to drive 90 miles to pick it up. All the local dealers here in Boulder are wait-listing and want 6K OTD. I decided to pick up the phone and start calling dealers outside the Denver area. 1st call...Do you have a YZ250F? Yes. How much? $5,499. How much out the door? $5,499. OK, I'll be there in 2 hours.

I found this dealer by plugging city names into the zip code finder, then plugging the zip codes into the Yamaha dealer finder. I came up with some dealers I never heard of.

Mark

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 12, 2000 - 06:16 AM

I purchased my YZ250F from a dealer in Canada and paid $4950 OTD!!!! I live in Portland,Or and had about a 5 hour drive to pick it up but it was well worth it. No money to pay at the border either. The dealers here wanted list plus a couple hundred bucks for setup, so I got on the internet, called up a shop and the rest is history. I also picked it up in mid November, I guess Canada gets their shippments before the US. Happy riding Bill

• ICEMAN

Posted December 12, 2000 - 07:40 AM

Kudos to most yamaha dealers, when i priced out a honda rc51, dealers were gouging the hell out of customers to the tune of 15000.00 when the msrp was 9995.00. Needless to say, honda and its dealers can go f*** themselves, i live in ct and you dealers know who you are. again, kudos to yamaha!!!!!!

TMX AND MY DOGS BITE!!!!!!!!!!!1

------------------

• YZThumpa

Posted December 12, 2000 - 04:41 PM

You can buy one in Mississippi for $5,099. Or you can get the 426 for $5,199. A friend got a 250F for $4,800 but I think he has connections.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.