98 yz400f

No replies to this topic
  • onearmbandit

Posted February 12, 2010 - 07:11 PM

Ok so i was having trouble adjusting the pilot jet so I decided to buy a fuel screw so I could do it by hand.

I could not get the original screw out for replacement so I removed the carb to see why. Apparently, the bottom of the float bowl tapers at the entrance to the carb and the threaded part of the screw wont fit through the taper. Only way to install a screw is to thread it in with the float bowl off....then put the back of the screw through the tapered part while installing the float bowl.

My question is...how can i use one of the after market fuel screws that have a handle on them for adjusment...I cant fit the handle through the tapered hole or the threads...can I drill out the hole?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.