Had a great conversation with Factory Connection about my '07

2 replies to this topic
  • Polar_Bus

Posted February 12, 2010 - 06:28 PM

Well, my sweet profit share bonus check is going to good use. I dropped off my '07 YZ450F's suspension off at F/C for a complete re-valve. I had a great informative conversation with their technical suspension rep. Turns out FC has quite a few trick updates that can, and will be done to increase the "plushness' of my "less than plush" '07 KYB YZ suspension. For the shock, FC has a special rate high speed compression adjuster spring, and they also have a custom modified valve plate that resides behind the HS adjuster valve as well (the stock valve is too restrictive). For the forks, FC also has a more plush upper damper rod assembly spring that they are going to update as well (not to be confused with the regular fork spring). So, about $650 later, hopefully my much loved '07 will even more loved. I like the bike thus far, but I am a tired , skinny 165lbs all geared, and the '07 suspension just has never been right for me.... i'll update this once I get some feedback laps with the modded suspension..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • farmerjohn42

Posted April 21, 2011 - 09:38 PM

What Happened? Have you been riding so much you forgot to post the post suspension fix?

• Polar_Bus

Posted April 22, 2011 - 05:57 AM

What Happened? Have you been riding so much you forgot to post the post suspension fix?

AMAZING DIFFERENCE ! A re-spring/valve on your suspension by a competent suspension shop is by far the single BEST investment you can make on your bike ! Oddly FC swapped my '07 to stiffer fork springs, and re-valved. The forks feel SO plush and controled !

http://www.thumperta...tory connection

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.