tires...

3 replies to this topic
  • tactical45

Posted February 12, 2010 - 05:19 PM

I just bought an 01 wr426 and want to put new tires on it. on my previous bike I had dunlop 773 tires and thought they were really good but the rear wore out pretty fast(was on a 125) and now I don't want to install it on my 426 and tear through it in a heartbeat! I ride in michigan in the sand and some harder terrain. just seeing what you guys recommend before I purchase a set. thanks and I can't wait for spring!!!

• djv5

Posted February 12, 2010 - 06:17 PM

If you are riding sand, then try out the Michelin S12's. Keep an eye on your tire pressure, I run about 12-14 psi for the Michigan trails.

I usually do about 3,000 miles per year - we ride single track, dualsport, gravel roads, snowmobile routes, and some pavement connectors.

You can find a set of S12's for about $125 at www.cyclegear.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted February 12, 2010 - 07:26 PM

You can also try the Dunlop 952's....excellent wear, great all-around tire, and fairly cheap through motorcyclesuperstore.com right now.

• tactical45

Posted February 13, 2010 - 05:50 AM

thanks a lot guys!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.