The wait is finally over!

21 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted February 12, 2010 - 02:25 PM

It finally arrived!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I went to the shop today to just talk with Robert my riding buddy who owns the Yamaha shop and see if he had herd of when the bike was goning to be in and to my amazement it was on the floor waiting on me.

He said it came in yesterday but he wasnt going to tell me but suprise me when I came down.
I'm glad it is here now. He told me I could go ahead and take it home if I wanted to but I told him I would just wait til wednesday. He kinda wanted it to set for a day or two for people to look at since he was just alocated one of them.
I sat on it and man is the suspension stiff on this ride and I'm at 175lbs.

Edited by CaptainKnobby, February 12, 2010 - 02:48 PM.

• Joe105

Posted February 12, 2010 - 02:50 PM

NICE! I would say take a ride and tell us how it is but being from VA I guess your in the same boat as me here in MD.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 12, 2010 - 02:53 PM

NICE! I would say take a ride and tell us how it is but being from VA I guess your in the same boat as me here in MD.

that is one reason why I didnt take it to the house. man we got hammered with the snow. Around 27 inches here but not like yal's 50+ inches.

If i would have brought it home i guess I would have put the FMF 4.1 full exhaust on and my rad braces and skid plate all by works connection.

• DPW

Posted February 12, 2010 - 05:19 PM

congrats...awesome bike! some day....;-(

• Driftingokie

Posted February 12, 2010 - 06:05 PM

Whats the price tag on the new bikes?

• racerxx276

Posted February 12, 2010 - 06:31 PM

Your just the right weight for that suspension.. It just takes about 4 hrs of hard riding to get it broken in. My other YZ's always broke in pretty quick ... not this one...

Have fun!

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 12, 2010 - 07:10 PM

Whats the price tag on the new bikes?

i dont know how much it will be for sure cause he said he hadnt gotten the invoice on it yet but said i would probaly get it for $7500.00

• johnnyrunner

Posted February 12, 2010 - 08:38 PM

i dont know how much it will be for sure cause he said he hadnt gotten the invoice on it yet but said i would probaly get it for $7500.00

Holy-crap! I paid 10,300 out the door(9000 before tax and stuff MSRP 9500). Canadian dollars, though...Congrats...Now you too can feel the pain of watching snow fall while your new baby sits. At least she is warm. Happy riding in spring!

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 12, 2010 - 09:05 PM

I'll bring it to the house wednesday. I'm trying to decide whether to put the graphics i got from Decal works on it or buy new plastics to put the decals on them.

I cant find a place that is selling aftermarket plastic kit for it now.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 17, 2010 - 01:07 PM

I have the bike here at the house now and I'm putting on my full FMF 4.1 exhaust. When I get it on I will take a pic and post it.

I'll then put my skid plate on and the radiator braces by works connection and take a pic.

I'll start on the graphics tommorow.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted February 17, 2010 - 01:11 PM

My grand total was OTD was $7912.00 said shipping had went up to $250.00 and then I paid our states sale's tax then $12.00 title fee.

• Mike546

Posted February 17, 2010 - 04:14 PM

Did you start it yet, I hear they are a bitch to start in the cold. :ride:

Just kidding...good luck with the new bike.

• delmas

Posted February 17, 2010 - 04:30 PM

My grand total was OTD was $7912.00 said shipping had went up to $250.00 and then I paid our states sale's tax then $12.00 title fee.

7500.00 out the door
in ga.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 17, 2010 - 07:21 PM

7500.00 out the door
in ga.

Thats a good price!

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 17, 2010 - 07:24 PM

I have the bike here at the house now and I'm putting on my full FMF 4.1 exhaust. When I get it on I will take a pic and post it.

I'll then put my skid plate on and the radiator braces by works connection and take a pic.

I'll start on the graphics tommorow.

I have everything on now but the graphics so here is the pics of the braces and skid plate by works connection and the full FMF 4.1 exhaust.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the skid plate.........The only thing I dont like about this.......is that there is no room to get a socket or a wrench up through the skidplte hole to take the oil drain plug off.....nor is there a way to get to the oil plug above the frame rail.

Looks like you will have to take the skid plate off in order to take the drain plug off. Might be able to get to it by just taking the one bolt off at the back and pull down on the skidplate a little to gain access to the oil drain bolt.......but will have to experiment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is some pics (if you can tell) of how small a space there is to get to the oil drain plug. Doesnt look like one will be able to change the oil unless you pull the plate off every time or just take the back bolt off the plate and pull it down a little. May just have to take it off everytime when changing the oil.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by CaptainKnobby, February 17, 2010 - 07:59 PM.

• pdivizzle0112

Posted February 17, 2010 - 07:28 PM

Sexy ass bike!!! Im loving it!!

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 18, 2010 - 10:20 AM

Here is a pic of the left side panel and the front plate with the graphics on that I did this morning. These turned out real well, just hope the rest do.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will post more when I get them on.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 18, 2010 - 01:59 PM

I have one side of the bike completed and the front and rear fenders.

I may do a little more but am going to stop for the day and just stare at it:cool:

Posted Image

The front fender tip decal and the arch's were pretty easy.

Posted Image

The decal on the tank was pretty tricky but the shroud was fairly easy.

Posted Image

The rear fender was kinda a pain but you just had to keep working at it with heat and making sure you got all the air bubbles out. It turned out rear well......better than i thought it would......Looks real slick

Posted Image

I'll take a couple days off from working on it and finish the decals up monday

I'll post back then with the finished product.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 22, 2010 - 03:10 PM

It's is finished!

Posted Image

• justinboyce

Posted February 22, 2010 - 03:13 PM

Nice, congrats im jealous!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.