2006 problems

3 replies to this topic
  • dbehr624

Posted February 12, 2010 - 01:24 PM

Hey guys, I am real confused at the moment. My 06 has been having some problems lately, and quite frankly i have no clue what the problem is. First, I had a stator problem, which was fixed. I took the bike to the track, and it ran fine for a while, then towards the end of the day it began to get kind of sputtery and would just cut out. So I called it a day. I came home and did an oil change and there was an awful lot of metal on my magnetic drain plug (I am not sure if that is significant or not, it was just way more than usual.) Started the bike, and everything seemed fine. Took it up and down the street a few times and it shut off real abruptly like it did when the stator went out the first time. I started it again though without a problem and when i was coming back up my street it did the same thing, but this time the kickstarter was completely frozen, but the rear wheel wasnt locked. Where should I begin looking?? Any input is appreciated

• grayracer513

Posted February 12, 2010 - 02:11 PM

If you pull the flywheel cover, see if you find a lot of metal in there as well, stuck on the magnet and around the stator coils, etc. Could be a bad bearing is the cause of your ignition problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dbehr624

Posted February 13, 2010 - 01:15 AM

well there was quite a bit metal in there. so i am assuming you are correct there. Any ideas about the frozen kickstarter?

• grayracer513

Posted February 13, 2010 - 09:55 AM

Could be a number of things. Time to open it up and look.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.