2007 wr 450 black air box cover?

4 replies to this topic
  • Manyboots

Posted February 11, 2010 - 06:40 PM

I just purchased a mint '07 wr 450 and have searched for black plastics. I found the parts I need at UFO and Acerbis. The problem I have is that the stock air filter access door on the 07 has a molded strip of white plastic on the cover. Reps at UFO and Acerbis tell me that no one makes an all black door. Other than paint, a Sharpie or graphics to cover the white.... what are my options? Does the '09 wr 250 x in black have a door in black that might fit?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• Lute

Posted February 24, 2010 - 05:28 PM

I was reading a post earlier about a guy whom was using Black rit dye to black out his plastics. It was a really detailed post but it did look like a hell of a procedure. Briefly looked for post again but cannot locate:banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Akamatsu

Posted February 24, 2010 - 05:45 PM

I was reading a post earlier about a guy whom was using Black rit dye to black out his plastics. It was a really detailed post but it did look like a hell of a procedure. Briefly looked for post again but cannot locate:banghead:

Dye process here: http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=611365

If you read down, I think the door is a different plastic type and doesn't take the dye as well, he was doing the gas tank.

• l_campionero

Posted February 24, 2010 - 05:54 PM

You can buy 'bumper black' spray paint at the auto parts store designed for painting black plastic automotive trim. I use it on mud flaps, hoses, and all manner of black parts.

• Manyboots

Posted February 25, 2010 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for the the info...sounds like paint may be the best option here. I have seen a few WR bike pics posted that are all black but the pics are all of the right side.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.