Megabomb header on 06YZ450F

3 replies to this topic
  • sacfelix

Posted February 10, 2010 - 07:21 PM

I just came across a megabomb header for $30 but it is from an 07 YZ450. I know the fmf website says 03-06 but how much different is the 07 head pipe and has anyone tried it on the 06 YZ450?:ride:

Thanks!

• KJ790

Posted February 10, 2010 - 09:11 PM

The biggest difference is that the diameter of the pipe at the midpipe joint changed. If you have the stock silencer you may be able to get away with using the stock midpipe gasket for an 07 to make it fit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sacfelix

Posted February 10, 2010 - 09:26 PM

I currently have the fmf 4.1C.

• KJ790

Posted February 11, 2010 - 06:22 AM

I currently have the fmf 4.1C.

If it is a V2 factory 4.1 (made after 07) then it should have a large midpipe with an aluminum sleeve to size down to the header size. Just use the correct sleeve for the megabomb you get and it will work.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.