How remove impeller!!!?

2 replies to this topic
  • bphawk48

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:38 PM

I'm changing the seal on an 01 wr426. Have the cover off water pump. How do you take the impeller off? Man, the manual says just grab it and pull??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kwar63

Posted February 11, 2010 - 08:54 AM

http://www.thumperta...water pump seal

I could not get the link to work but if you type in water pump on search this forum then look at the tread of countershaft seal leak there is a link to a thread with pictures on how to pull the impeller. Good luck. My 06 is leaking and I will be ordering the parts today to repair.

• matt4x4

Posted February 11, 2010 - 12:13 PM

On the 01 you have to remove the full case cover on that side, the back side of the shaft is keyed and you can grip it with an open end wrench while you spin the impeller off.
Once the impeller is off the shaft removes through the backside.
Don't try to take it off without removing the case, although it will likely come off, you risk breaking the gear that the keyed shaft fits into.

Posted Image

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.