Fmf q4

7 replies to this topic
  • bloodline

Posted February 10, 2010 - 07:32 AM

I'm going from a very loud stock pipe on my '03 to the Q4. Should I expect to have to rejet?

• wondermuscle

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:23 AM

I'm going from a very loud stock pipe on my '03 to the Q4. Should I expect to have to rejet?

Stock silencer with the baffle in or out?

• bloodline

Posted February 10, 2010 - 12:07 PM

baffle out.

• wondermuscle

Posted February 10, 2010 - 01:26 PM

baffle out.

You probably won't have to rejet. You might have to adjust the fuel screw. They are very similar mufflers, you won't do any damage if you run the Q4. Just listen to the bike and make sure it isn't pinging or anything.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bloodline

Posted February 13, 2010 - 07:19 PM

Install it yesterday. Ran it today. About a turn and a half on the fuel screw and was good. Thanks wondermuscle.

• wondermuscle

Posted February 16, 2010 - 08:17 AM

Install it yesterday. Ran it today. About a turn and a half on the fuel screw and was good. Thanks wondermuscle.

Good to hear it worked out. Enjoy my friend. :ride:

• slippyfoot

Posted February 16, 2010 - 10:03 AM

how does the bike feel with the Q4? does it change the torque down low at all or help with the plugged up feeling at high rpm?

how does it sound compared to the stock muffler?

thanks,
Mike

• bloodline

Posted February 16, 2010 - 12:37 PM

Well, mine was stock but gutted by the previous owner. It was very loud and sounded metallic- raspy. I felt like i should be wearing earplugs.

My initial reaction to the Q4 was that my bike was slow. Loud is fast right?

I really like the sound. It is deep and throaty. I swear it feels like the bike lost some midrange and maybe a little bit of response. Maybe I need to adjust it back a bit leaner.

For the type of riding i do (woods), it's perfect. The bike makes a lot more power than I need, the pipe sounds good, is not offensive, fits perfectly, and looks decent.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.