Help.....is my WR 400F YZ Timed?

3 replies to this topic
  • ScottJ

Posted May 16, 2003 - 06:20 PM

I purchased a used 2000 WR 400F from a motorcycle shop in San Diego. The previous owner seems to have done all of the normal modifications to gain power. However, I don't know if he changed the timing. How can I determine if the previous owner changed to YZ?
Thanks.....
-Scot

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 17, 2003 - 04:30 AM

Next time you check your valve clearances (download a manual from this forum if you did not get one with your used bike) look at the timing chain sprockets and count the number of links between the marks on the sprockets. 12 links is WR timing. 13 links is YZ timing. To get to YZ timing from WR you need to rotate the exhaust cam & sprocket only. Leave the Intake cam and sprocket in the factory position. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XC800.X

Posted May 18, 2003 - 11:29 AM

12 links is WR timing. 13 links is YZ timing.

You have that backwards. 12 is YZ,13 is WR

Shawn

• blue_beast_wins

Posted May 18, 2003 - 07:55 PM

12 links is WR timing. 13 links is YZ timing.

You have that backwards. 12 is YZ,13 is WR

Shawn

And just to add to that, i beleive it is pins not links. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.