07 yz450f oil overflow tube oozzes creamy colored oil after hard ride

4 replies to this topic
  • jameson425

Posted February 09, 2010 - 08:34 PM

i noticed today after riding hard that my 2007 yz 450f was leaking a cream colored oil through the overflow tube that connects to the top of the head(my thought was oil and water mixed) but when i got home i drained the oil and it looked normal to me?? anyone had this happen to them?? how could water get into this tube?? thanks Jameson

• grayracer513

Posted February 09, 2010 - 08:58 PM

From the air. Not too uncommon in cold wet climates. As long as the oil looks good, and there's not a lot of the goo, it's probably just condensation.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brawg

Posted February 12, 2010 - 04:39 PM

TOo much oil in the engine can cause this aswell, along with flippng the bike over while running....personal experience climbing hills! haha!

• kawasakimx8

Posted February 12, 2010 - 05:18 PM

how many hours on the bike? it can be blow by the piston, if the rings are worn, it blows by and builds up pressure in the crankcase and it has to come out the breather.

• yamiguy51

Posted February 12, 2010 - 06:54 PM

its moisture

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.