Swing arm and linkage bearing kits (which is best)

4 replies to this topic
  • 426 NOOB

Posted February 09, 2010 - 08:11 PM

Ok I know oem is the best to replace the bearings and seals with, but all of the bearings are toast in my swingarm and linkage. They were greased but got extremely pitted from dirt and water. Way too crunchy motions now. Oem will cost me over $300 and thats with my 20% discount. There are many companies out there with kits to do this and was wondering what company had done people right the most for these bearings. So: with your experience, what company makes the best bearing/seal kit.

• Birdy426

Posted February 09, 2010 - 11:07 PM

A couple of options...Take your parts out and take them to Motion Industries or similar bearing house. They will probably be able to match them up for about 1/3 the cost of new. I've used kits from Pivot Works before with great success...good price about 1/2 of OEM in most cases) and good parts. All Balls does something similar as well

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JCHB

Posted February 09, 2010 - 11:18 PM

I've just done swingarm, linkage and shock bearings with Pivot Works kits bought right here on TT! No problems.
JCHB

• 426 NOOB

Posted February 09, 2010 - 11:42 PM

Cool i kinda figured that pivot works was one of the tops. good to see they have not let anyone down.

• cwcarter

Posted February 10, 2010 - 03:16 AM

If you want a really good price search for kits here. Ive used them on many bikes without problems. http://stores.ebay.c...634Q2ec0Q2em322

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.