Head cam footage of my WR woods weapon in the tight woods

18 replies to this topic
  • tribalbc

Posted February 09, 2010 - 05:52 PM

Finally got to ride today and test my Smart Performance suspension out some more. Not to mention my GO Pro I got for Christmas :lol:

This is my practise loop right by my house. One section had to be left out because it was under water, but there's a new bit of trail in the second vid as well.
First ride in over a month, as you can tell I'm pretty rusty, stall 3 times in the first vid :bonk:
I'll be alot happier when I get my jetting sorted with these YZ cams so I have my estart. As you'll see it likes to get stuck on the compression stroke as well. That along with the HC compression, and it can be a bitch to get unstuck.

She sure rides like a dream though :ride:

http://www.vimeo.com/9335440

Second vid picks up were the first left off

http://www.vimeo.com/9337458

• JDLowrance

Posted February 09, 2010 - 09:46 PM

Man, you weren't kidding when you said you ride in tight wooded areas.

• tp3dxf

Posted February 09, 2010 - 11:27 PM

Finally got to ride today and test my Smart Performance suspension out some more. Not to mention my GO Pro I got for Christmas :lol:

This is my practise loop right by my house. One section had to be left out because it was under water, but there's a new bit of trail in the second vid as well.
First ride in over a month, as you can tell I'm pretty rusty, stall 3 times in the first vid :ride:
I'll be alot happier when I get my jetting sorted with these YZ cams so I have my estart. As you'll see it likes to get stuck on the compression stroke as well. That along with the HC compression, and it can be a bitch to get unstuck.

Nice Vid!!

But that is 2 stroke territory. Think about getting a YZ 250 great bikes that excel in that type of terrain. Not a slam on your WR hell I have one but in the forest the YZ kicks WR ass. Now in the Dez it's a different story.

• tribalbc

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:05 AM

Nice Vid!!

But that is 2 stroke territory. Think about getting a YZ 250 great bikes that excel in that type of terrain. Not a slam on your WR hell I have one but in the forest the YZ kicks WR ass. Now in the Dez it's a different story.

I rode 2 strokes for many years. If I could afford a second bike I'd still own one for play riding. But believe it or not I prefer the 4 stroke for the tight stuff. I find I can ride way smoother and conserve energy, especially in 3hr races. The only time I find the bike heavy is when I need to haul it over a log or something.
IMO my WR is pretty hard to beat in the tight woods, for me anyways :ride:

• panaman

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:19 AM

damn i thought you guys got lots of snow this time of year

• tribalbc

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:47 AM

damn i thought you guys got lots of snow this time of year

Well normally it would be another month before I could ride there, and it could snow again at any time. There was 3ft in December but it was the warmest January ever in BC. Still lots of snow just above, but the valleys are pretty much clear. This spot is at only 600ft elevation.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:56 AM

How did the estart work? I noticed you kicked it

• tribalbc

Posted February 10, 2010 - 07:07 AM

How did the estart work? I noticed you kicked it

Estart was pretty much useless. It was less than 40 degrees so my jetting was pretty off, I still haven't played with it. Not to mention the weaker battery being ridden once before in the last 3 months plus cold and lithium.
It also liked to get hung up on the compression stroke more than normal in these temps.

New gearing, going up a tooth on the rear, added to more stalls as well. I have to use the clutch a little more now :ride:

• gsa102

Posted February 10, 2010 - 09:01 AM

Cool Videos!:ride:

That kind of trail is exactly why I bought a WR.

I rode a 2t for harescrambles last 2 years, and it was go, brake, clutch, rev, shift, go, brake, clutch, rev, shift, repeat for 2.5 hours - I can be a lot more fluid on the 4t.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted February 10, 2010 - 09:16 AM

Cool Videos!:ride:

That kind of trail is exactly why I bought a WR.

I rode a 2t for harescrambles last 2 years, and it was go, brake, clutch, rev, shift, go, brake, clutch, rev, shift, repeat for 2.5 hours - I can be a lot more fluid on the 4t.

My feelings exactly. A 2 stroke maybe lighter but they run you ragged.

• yamaripper

Posted February 10, 2010 - 10:14 AM

That is where an auto-clutch would come in handy.

• Parx_400

Posted February 10, 2010 - 10:54 AM

Just an FYI, I could not get my Estart to work with the yz cams and 4 cell batt. I upgrated to the 8 cell and it works fine.

• erickdj

Posted February 10, 2010 - 12:18 PM

It depends on the rider. The clutch on the newer wr's/yz's is so smooth and effortless that it's not hard at all to use even in the tightest areas. I prefer the feel of a manual clutch vs. a rekluse for the riding I do.

• gsa102

Posted February 10, 2010 - 01:06 PM

The rekluse is on the way and i'm excited to try it:smirk:

• tribalbc

Posted February 10, 2010 - 04:42 PM

Not a big fan. Love my manual clutch, especially since it is an all new GYTR (Hinson) clutch.
I just had changed gearing, down a tooth in the rear, so I just had to get used to using the clutch in places were I would get away without it before.

Edited by tribalbc, February 11, 2010 - 08:02 AM.
gearing bacwards

• tayhay8

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:08 PM

First ride in over a month, as you can tell I'm pretty rusty, stall 3 times in the first vid :ride:

Thats the exact riding we do here on vancouver island B.C.
I was looking to buy a wr250f and your video persuaded
me to do so.
Nice vid

• trailman006

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:33 PM

Hey tribalbc, thanks for the ride. Looks like some great trails you have there. Hopefully the 30" of snow we have here will melt soon. We've been getting hammered.
I feel the same about my WR versus the 2-stroke. The only time I miss my YZ250 is when I have to pick up my 450 to move it over something. Thanks again for the video.

• tribalbc

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:46 PM

Thats the exact riding we do here on vancouver island B.C.
I was looking to buy a wr250f and your video persuaded
me to do so.
Nice vid

Yeah we have two types of woods riding in BC.
Tight- the interior
Tighter- the coast

• tribalbc

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hey tribalbc, thanks for the ride. Looks like some great trails you have there. Hopefully the 30" of snow we have here will melt soon. We've been getting hammered.
I feel the same about my WR versus the 2-stroke. The only time I miss my YZ250 is when I have to pick up my 450 to move it over something. Thanks again for the video.

Cheers :ride:

We'd be normally getting hammered by snow here as well. It's just that we're supposed to be hosting the winter olympics :ride:
You know soon as it's over we'll get hammered with snow again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.