Favorite Filter Oil?

4 replies to this topic
  • gratefuldawg

Posted May 16, 2003 - 11:28 AM

What type of filter oil do you guys use?

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 17, 2003 - 02:33 PM

I like Silkolene, Tacky and water repelant. If you go in deep crossings and submerge. The filter just wrings out and the oil remains very tacky and stays in the filter. However it is the nastiest stuff to clean. UNI filter brand is much easier to use and clean I have 2 filters going and use Silkolene when I am going snorkeling. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • needsprayer

Posted May 17, 2003 - 03:15 PM

UNI spray. I like the consistency better than a real tacky spray. Easy to squeeze into the filter.

• DR.Zaius

Posted May 17, 2003 - 06:39 PM

No-Toil definetly takes the cake for me. Super easy to clean and apply to, keeps the enviro-nazis at bay also because it's biodegradable. Not sure if it desolves with plain water though, don't think so but haven't had any deep water crossings lately. :)

• newrider

Posted May 18, 2003 - 04:51 AM

PJ1 and it's own cleaner.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.