Frame Powder Coating

8 replies to this topic
  • tp3dxf

Posted February 08, 2010 - 01:07 PM

Looking to get my WR frame powder coated. I live in the LA area anyone here have any experience with a powder coater?

• Birdy426

Posted February 08, 2010 - 11:53 PM

No...but make sure they block off ALL of the oil passages in the frame to keep both sand from sand blasting and the epoxy powder out of the oil tank!

• Jakes123

Posted February 09, 2010 - 03:29 AM

If I were you, I would strip the bike down to the frame and have the frame done. Tried to do the frame with the bike intact on my TRX, and worked out to be a royal mistake.

• redhurricane

Posted February 09, 2010 - 07:28 AM

Couple places in Orange County-

Try Electrolurgy in Santa Ana or Olympic Powder coating. That is if they are still around- been a few years since I lived there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tp3dxf

Posted February 09, 2010 - 10:26 AM

If I were you, I would strip the bike down to the frame and have the frame done. Tried to do the frame with the bike intact on my TRX, and worked out to be a royal mistake.

I wouldn't even consider doing it any other way.

• tp3dxf

Posted February 09, 2010 - 10:28 AM

Couple places in Orange County-

Try Electrolurgy in Santa Ana or Olympic Powder coating. That is if they are still around- been a few years since I lived there.

Pro Circuit recommend Olympic Powder Coating right off the bat. I got a quote of $175 which is the cheapest so far. A bit of a drive from my place but may be worth it.

• race32

Posted February 09, 2010 - 11:35 AM

This is off topic but what color are you going with? I did my '04 a couple years back and it is a candy blue cost about $200. I just got done with my '07 and made it gloss black got a deal cause it was his first dirt bike frame $60.

• redhurricane

Posted February 09, 2010 - 12:02 PM

OLympic used to be off Dyer road & the 55fwy, west to about main street or bristol.

Good operation, high quality.

• tp3dxf

Posted February 09, 2010 - 01:15 PM

This is off topic but what color are you going with? I did my '04 a couple years back and it is a candy blue cost about $200. I just got done with my '07 and made it gloss black got a deal cause it was his first dirt bike frame $60.

I had my 02 done in a really nice silver color a year or so ago. Came out excellent it blends with all different plastic colors well. Think I am going to do the same on the WR. It's actually silver right now previous owner painted it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.