Water in oil

3 replies to this topic
  • Gavindobson1

Posted February 08, 2010 - 12:05 PM

Please bear with me I'm still a newbie at this.

After washing down the bike and checking it out i noticed milky white oil on the rotor nut plug. I suppose water can enter as its only a plastic screw but not sure how oil got there as i was under the impression it was sealed off from the engine oil. please tell me if I'm wrong. No white oil on dipstick, i even drained a bit of oil off and it was clean.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

• Ebola

Posted February 08, 2010 - 02:05 PM

The flywheel area is wet, as in it shares oil with the rest of the motor.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted February 08, 2010 - 07:07 PM

Check your coolant level, drain and refill (or flush as necessary) the oil and keep a close eye on it to see if you see the water getting back into the oil over use.....

• ch_250

Posted February 16, 2010 - 03:16 PM

It could also be your impeller shaft seals

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.