FMF Jet Kit vs JD Jetting for '07 WR450F

10 replies to this topic
  • jams229

Posted February 08, 2010 - 07:30 AM

Has anyone used the FMF Jet Kit on their WR450?
Can I expect the same performance/results?
(It is half the price of the JD Kit.)
Thanks.

• wondermuscle

Posted February 08, 2010 - 09:12 AM

Has anyone used the FMF Jet Kit on their WR450?
Can I expect the same performance/results?
(It is half the price of the JD Kit.)
Thanks.

You won't notice a different.

Where and what elevation do you ride? What level rider are you?

• jams229

Posted February 08, 2010 - 09:50 AM

Maryland. Sea Level to 3000 feet. A. Thanks a lot.

• William1

Posted February 08, 2010 - 11:31 AM

The big difference is customer service. If you have a question, James Dean will answer if you bought one of his kits. The other brand, you'll be lucky to get a grandmother on the phone.
Also, James Dean kits use Kehien jets, DJ use their own ones, the sizing id's are not the same.

• wondermuscle

Posted February 08, 2010 - 12:36 PM

Maryland. Sea Level to 3000 feet. A. Thanks a lot.

I presume you have all the free mods done....

Try the following:
168 main (maybe 165)
48 pilot
fuel screw 1.75 turns out
Stock 2008 YZ Needle in the middle (4th from the top) clip.

You can mess with needles but I have found that hte stock YZ needle does just fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted February 08, 2010 - 02:34 PM

In my experience the FLR needle is very lean off idle making it difficult to jet out the dreaded bog. The JD kit is a lot of money but if you don't want to screw around dealing with jetting just pony up buy it because it works. You can get there without it but it will take some screwing around to get it right. Do you wanna ride or spend your time jetting?

• jams229

Posted February 08, 2010 - 03:22 PM

Advice accepted - thanks all.

• JDLowrance

Posted February 09, 2010 - 06:55 AM

Agree with PBDblue. No brainer and right the first time. Oh, and the bike rips!

JD does in fact use Kehin jets. He does not use another brand or his own. You'd be foolish to try and reinvent the wheel when all the work is already done for you. His needles are substantially thicker requiring larger jets be used than what would be necessary for the Kehin needles.

John

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 09, 2010 - 07:21 AM

As PDB said, the JD kit will come with SUPPORT...its also solves most people's jetting issues.

I was CHEAP and bought my own jets and jetted my bike...while the end result was equal to my 06 that is JD jetted, it did take a little trial and error....BUT I did save 40 bucks :bonk::ride::lol::D

• rcmx67

Posted October 06, 2010 - 09:03 AM

123, this post made me laugh so much I just decided to go JD. But I did save 40 bucks ...LOL.

• rcmx67

Posted October 08, 2010 - 11:21 PM

Got er done with the JD kit. It was really worth the money. Nailed it the first time. It's as smooth as silk now. He really did a good job on that needle. JD for me from now on.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.