revloc install question wr450f

3 replies to this topic
  • ralphfurley

Posted May 16, 2003 - 05:19 AM

I am installing a revloc on my wr450f.
Question: How many allen bolts do you use for the
There are 6 holes, but mine came with 3 bolts.
Do you leave the other 3 holes alone?

revloc is not answering there phone and I want to ride this weekend on it

Found my answer 3 is correct
Install was easy

• ekemner

Posted May 16, 2003 - 02:53 PM

Just a question, Why did you spend so much for a revloc when you could have bought the z-start. $400 and it is adjustable and it is great! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ralphfurley

Posted May 17, 2003 - 03:37 AM

The install on the z-start made me nervous.
The revloc install was easier than
a normal clutch replacement.

The revloc is adjustable on the trail.
1. lay bike on side,
2. remove clutch cover
3. add/remove washer/shims to 3 bolts.

both z-start and revloc have the same ball bearing type outer plate.

The revloc comes with a new outer basket that accepts the
small torx screws that hold the outer plate and the z-start uses a different method.

On the revloc the manual clutch still works too.
Great for those downhill-into-a-water-puddle-lift-the front tire situations.

ps The revloc price is now $850 + $400 core + $20 shipping.
This is for my 2003 wr450f.

• ekemner

Posted May 17, 2003 - 08:41 AM

The Z-start is probably the easiest out off all to install. 1). Remove stock pressure plate
2). Install Z-start pressure plate
3). Ride
4). 20 minutes total.

Adjustment is as easy as this for me.

1). Stop bike
2). adjust external spring pressure
3). ride
4). 5 minutes total

Also now AL has as Handle Bar mount for the external adjuster so now you can adjust your stall speed at the clutch side of the handle bars and this also gives you your Clutch lever back. It is I think $69 for existing customers and $99 for new customers. Also I could if I wanted go back to a manual clutch and install this in another bike if I wanted. I am not saying the revloc is not any good, It is I am sure. I am just sold on the Z-start as Mine has been great and I never have had customer service like AL and Dan have given me. They even call me back and let me know if there is a modification that they made and wanted to me know about. #1 service !! :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.