02 wr fuel tank

5 replies to this topic
  • MOTODAVE63

Posted February 07, 2010 - 12:11 PM

Just picked up a 02 wr 426 yesterday, is there a fuel tank that sits lower available for this bike? not liking the stock exxon valdes fuel tank much.

• arctic954

Posted February 07, 2010 - 05:28 PM

sure..... the YZ 426 tank.....you then must go with a YZ 426 seat.

Also --- check the aftermarket.....I believe it is Clarke that has the larger tank, yet skinner but then takes the YZ shrouds & seat.

I have the 2001 ---- after a couple rides....you'll get use to it and enjoy hearing your friends bitch about how small their tanks are and that they need gas.

• Dee Perry

Posted February 07, 2010 - 06:37 PM

I have an 01. I picked up a 426 YZ tank and seat on e-bay for $20. It made a big difference in weight and I find I can slide further up the seat to keep the nose down.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted February 08, 2010 - 12:05 PM

Clark, IMS, and Acerbis all make 3.4 gal "YZ" tanks that hold the same amoount of gas as the stck WR tank, but carry it lower and are narrow likethe YZ tanks. You do have to use the YZ seat. After the suspension and autodecomp cams, it's the best mod you can do to the early WRs...

• dustdogg

Posted February 08, 2010 - 07:41 PM

Here is my 02' with the Clarke 3.3 and YZ seat. The tank is about the same capacity as the stock WR, but it does sit lower and the YZ seat allows you to sit farther forward. Overall I like it much better than the stock seating position. It still weighs almost as much as the Exxon Valdeze, it just makes it a little more comfy:smirk:

Posted Image

• yamaripper

Posted February 09, 2010 - 02:20 PM

i agree. the yz426 tanks are great. i put one on my '02 wr426. it works great. just have to get a yz seat.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.