2007 Head Pipe

4 replies to this topic
  • danZ73

Posted February 07, 2010 - 05:07 AM

So I have had a White Bros Aluminum Pro on my bike for a couple years. The silencer has seen better days. My question is if I put the WB head pipe which is the lowboy type header on my stock silencer will that improve my low end at all? And what improvement will a slip on with the stock header do? any recommendations?
thanks

• mywifefarts

Posted February 07, 2010 - 12:06 PM

I think if I were you being that you've already got the stock silencer I'd try it and see. It won't cost you anything and it can't hurt.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mywifefarts

Posted February 19, 2011 - 10:07 PM

Just sifting through and deleting old subscriptions to threads and came across this one. I'm wondering if you had any luck testing the White Bros. head pipe with stock silencer.

• Family Man

Posted February 20, 2011 - 07:39 PM

The is no way it would fit, without cutting/welding the Wb header. the WB header is way way longer that the stock header.

• mywifefarts

Posted February 20, 2011 - 09:37 PM

The is no way it would fit, without cutting/welding the Wb header. the WB header is way way longer that the stock header.

A few winters ago I bought a WB system from a fellow TT member for my '07 and While the bike was apart in my back bedroom for the winter I bolted up the WB Header to my stock selencer. The extra length actually compensated for by the larger lower hanging bend at the front of the frame. Obviously I had no reason to try this combo but am still curious.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.