Thinking 09 450 with a Rekluse....

4 replies to this topic
  • MGN

Posted February 06, 2010 - 09:36 AM

I have been a long time KTM guy(with one YZ in 04) and currently have a 08 250XCF set up for Hare Scrambles. I have a Rekluse Pro in it and absolutley love it! It never stalls and works awesome. I have an itch to get a 450 and have been thinking about picking up an 09 YZ450. The only thing holding me back is the unkown as to weather or not the Rekluse works as well in the Yami as it does in the KTM. I race HS and only want to start this thing once a race....at the starting line. So lets hear from you guys with auto clutches. How well do they work in the 450? Can you get it to stall? Would a FWW help along with the Rukluse?

• ReedRulz

Posted February 06, 2010 - 09:45 AM

I have been a long time KTM guy(with one YZ in 04) and currently have a 08 250XCF set up for Hare Scrambles. I have a Rekluse Pro in it and absolutley love it! It never stalls and works awesome. I have an itch to get a 450 and have been thinking about picking up an 09 YZ450. The only thing holding me back is the unkown as to weather or not the Rekluse works as well in the Yami as it does in the KTM. I race HS and only want to start this thing once a race....at the starting line. So lets hear from you guys with auto clutches. How well do they work in the 450? Can you get it to stall? Would a FWW help along with the Rukluse?

I have a 2007 YZ450F with a Rekluse and it works great. Never stalls. I ride all motocross and I slam on the brakes in the corners and cant make it stall.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MGN

Posted February 06, 2010 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I guess what really makes me nervous is the fact that I had a 08 RMZ 450 with a Rekluse on it for a short time and I could not get the thing to quit stalling on my when chopping the throttle (going over a log or what not). So I got rid of that and went back to what I knew, KTM's. But after doing some more reading on the RMZ it sounds like a lot of guys even without the Rekluse have stalling issues like I did so that could just be a bug in the FI or what not. I really would like to try something different and maybe the YZ might be the way to go. Anyone else with good/bad Rekluse experiences?

• CLenhart

Posted February 06, 2010 - 11:30 AM

There have been quite a few posts on the Rekluse, but I will through in my two cents again for you. Buy it / buy one... I have used it for two years on my '08 YZ450F and now in my 2010. I love it! Clutch life is astounding, performance is near flawless and installation is hasle free. Seriously, one of the best, if not THE best four stroke products made. I set mine up on med/hard and it worked really well on the track and the woods. For full hardcore moto I would set it up on the hard/hard settings. This will help prevent the front tire from droping in the whoops if you let of the throttle too much. No slip when you get back on the gas... For the woods, I ran a 51 tooth rear sprocket and let the bike live in 3rd gear. Keeps the suspension unsprung in the roots and rocks and carries great speed when needed. Obviously, it is a HUGE advantage with live engine starts. Dont think I ever missed a holeshot here... It is equally as good if you bike is tuned very well and will fire on the first kick. I kicked mine in second gear with the clutch out and I got the start or was right up front most everytime. Cant ask for much more from a 4 stroke. I have only ridden the 2010 with it once so far, but was really stoked with it. Killer traction out of the corners and an no stalling. Even takes the edge off the bottom end bark the new EFI bike is already known for. So again, I repeat - Buy one! I have found www.rrtperformance.com has good deals on Rekluse.

Good luck!

• MGN

Posted February 06, 2010 - 02:07 PM

I have done a search and have done enough reading to make my head spin. And even though I hate to beat a dead horse I had to ask to make sure there werent people out there that couldnt get the bike to run "stall" free with the Rekluse. Thanks for the help!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.