Helmet lights ?

14 replies to this topic
  • IrideWR

Posted February 05, 2010 - 03:02 PM

I was thanking of buying the trail teck lights but I whould like to know if there worth it or if thers better out there?

• Family Man

Posted February 05, 2010 - 03:56 PM

The trail tech scmr16 light is top of the line. The Cyclops Solstice is also top of the line. As far as I know they are both the brightest lights available, equally bright. I think Im leaning twords the solstice at this point, but both lights are worthy contenders...

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted February 05, 2010 - 05:28 PM

What do you need it to do, be a suppliment to your headlight or be the main light? If the main light then the two recommended above are the call. I believe the hid versions are about 30 watts. These are large.

I needed something to suppliment my headlight and am a big fan of this one. It rocks the house for only 10 watts of input.
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=817387

• jrmxrc

Posted February 08, 2010 - 07:44 PM

If you want a great light for cheap do an internet search for a magicshine bike light, it comes with a 3 hr battery,charger,and a tiny light all for about 90.00 it has the same led emitter as the cyclops 10 watt.It is super brite and I use mine all the time for night rides.I even used it racing the baja 1000 this year and i was very happy with it.The best place to get one is www.geomangear.com he takes care of his customers

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted February 09, 2010 - 09:05 AM

Good pull jrmxrc. Did you use a helmet mount, if so did you mount it on top? It looks like the helmet mount that they offer is meant for the top of a bike helmet and would only adjust on one axis. If chin mounted you really need to be able to adjust two ways else the light will point too low.

• jrmxrc

Posted February 10, 2010 - 07:48 AM

The Magicshine pivots on its base so its easy to aim.I did use it as a chin mount and the mount straps on in seconds and stays put.

• Baja Designs

Posted February 10, 2010 - 12:49 PM

I was thanking of buying the trail teck lights but I whould like to know if there worth it or if thers better out there?

Here is our New LED Helmet
https://www.bajadesi... Light Base Kit

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kingjewells

Posted February 10, 2010 - 02:28 PM

[QUOTE]The trail tech scmr16 light is top of the line. The Cyclops Solstice is also top of the line. As far as I know they are both the brightest lights available, equally bright. I think Im leaning twords the solstice at this point, but both lights are worthy contenders... /QUOTE]

+1 I prefer the mounting for the Soltice

• nscmj3

Posted February 11, 2010 - 12:24 AM

Have had great success with my trail tech. No complaints and super bright.

• henrics

Posted February 13, 2010 - 10:22 PM

http://www.dealextre...ls.dx/sku.25149

• red_rider_elsinore

Posted February 16, 2010 - 03:28 PM

If you want a great light for cheap do an internet search for a magicshine bike light, it comes with a 3 hr battery,charger,and a tiny light all for about 90.00 it has the same led emitter as the cyclops 10 watt.It is super brite and I use mine all the time for night rides.I even used it racing the baja 1000 this year and i was very happy with it.The best place to get one is www.geomangear.com he takes care of his customers

Does the light give you option to run off the bike's power? During summer in the desert we ride from dusk to dawn.

• jrmxrc

Posted February 16, 2010 - 05:13 PM

The magicshine should only run on a max of 8.4 volts but I have heard of people using 12 volts.I wouldn't do it myself.I believe you can run a resistor in line to reduce voltage but I don't know what size.

• panaman

Posted February 17, 2010 - 06:31 AM

I thought about buying one of these flash light mounts for 12 bucks and mounting it to my viser

Posted Image

http://www.batterysp...elmetlight.aspx

• tacotory

Posted February 21, 2010 - 06:51 PM

Have had great success with my trail tech. No complaints and super bright.

+1 I have the trail tech lights, and with the stock headlight you can ride at full speed at night. Great product. Nothing against the others mentioned.

• Baja Designs

Posted March 01, 2010 - 04:33 PM

If anyone is interested in the new Baja Designs Strykr we are doing a TT group buy on it right now. Check it out and let us know if you have any questions about our system.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=880861

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.