plastics and idle problem

9 replies to this topic
  • wood9781

Posted February 04, 2010 - 03:52 AM

just bought this bike yesterday. It runs but wont idle. when the choke is on the bike runs fine but when i turn the choke off it wont stay running. I have adjusted the air flow screw and nothing. I have now took the carb off and cleaned the jets and the inside of the carb good ,my float jug gasket was pinched a lil bit. I just ordered a new one, could that be the problem.

also I just found out that the gas tank was leaking gas underneth were the tank sits on the frame It looks like it has been repaired whith expoxy but didnt hold up. I am aslo looking for some plastics since a couple of mine are broke.
so if you have some I will be willing to buy them my tank shroud is all cracked up.
thanks for any help..... :ride:

Posted Image

• dirtdevil72

Posted February 04, 2010 - 04:06 AM

Sounds like a plugged pilot jet

• cwcarter

Posted February 04, 2010 - 05:55 AM

Did you remove the pilot to check if you could see through it?
Plenty of plastics on ebay or pretty cheap from the TT store.

• BBrown626

Posted February 05, 2010 - 07:16 PM

Your best bet for plastics is to order a full aftermarket kit or get all the OEM stuff through the TT store.
I'd check the carb, but look at the jets too. Go to the stock size jets and make sure they are clean so you have a good starting point.

• cwcarter

Posted February 05, 2010 - 07:32 PM

All my plastics are acerbis from the TT store.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cwcarter

Posted February 05, 2010 - 07:43 PM

If you can't plastic weld your tank new clarke tanks can be brought here

• wood9781

Posted February 06, 2010 - 06:32 AM

thanks guys, i have cleaned the carb and it runs like a champ it does have a lil backfire when dacel but i heard that was normal. I think i have found some plastics to. and as far as my gas tank I used some plastic weld and so far so good.:ride:

• wood9781

Posted February 06, 2010 - 06:46 AM

do you know where i can get the frame protecters the blue plastics ones? cant find them anywhere

• cwcarter

Posted February 06, 2010 - 07:10 AM

• wood9781

Posted February 07, 2010 - 06:21 AM

right on man. i must have missed

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.