St.Louis Area???

10 replies to this topic
  • aneal000

Posted May 15, 2003 - 10:27 AM

Hello everyone,

New to the Dual Sport/Dirt Bike addiction. Looking for places to ride off road around St. Louis area. Any suggestions would be great. Also looking for guys to ride with, can hang pretty well on the street but just getting started in the dirt!

Thanks,
Tony
aneal@macmc.com

• YZFan

Posted May 15, 2003 - 12:39 PM

St Joe state park is about 1 hour and 40 mins south in Park Hills. Great place ton of trails

• ditchwitch520

Posted May 15, 2003 - 07:49 PM

St Joe state park is about 1 hour and 40 mins south in Park Hills. Great place ton of trails

Be there this sunday morning early and race the 21st annual Leadbelt National Enduro. It's being put on by the Missouri Mudders Motorcycle Club. http://www.momudders.com/
See you there this sunday. :)

• YZFan

Posted May 16, 2003 - 01:05 AM

That race is a good time because you get to ride in the off limits areas and there are some great trails back there!!!! St Joe would be perfect if they built a motocross track like Finger Lakes has. They are both Missouri state parks.

• silverfox

Posted May 16, 2003 - 02:41 AM

Finger Lakes State Park north of Columbia is another option.
Otherwise, you might try Sutton's Bluff campground in the Mark Twain forest near Centerville/Lesterville area.
You just about have to join a club to have a place to ride in the "local" area. If you want different places to ride, the best way is to race in a series like the Mo. Hare Scrambles Series. If you don't want to race, you have to be prepared to drive long distances for new riding places.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toddly24

Posted August 03, 2003 - 01:48 AM

I'll be in St. joe sometime this month (hopefully) and I might be able to show you around.

• MOmilkman

Posted August 04, 2003 - 12:06 PM

Be there this sunday morning early and race the 21st annual Leadbelt National Enduro. It's being put on by the Missouri Mudders Motorcycle Club. http://www.momudders.com/

He said he a beginner. You trying to kill him! :D :D

• aneal000

Posted August 20, 2003 - 07:09 AM

He said he a beginner. You trying to kill him! :D :D

yeah that is kinda what I was thinking! Have been playing around on some local trials, really been wanting to get down there. I suspect I will be there before long!

• MXINXS

Posted August 28, 2003 - 06:30 PM

Anyone know of any MX tracks in the St. Louie area that have prepped track practices. I raced Belleville a long time ago, but I think it's "members only".

• jetdriver

Posted September 01, 2003 - 08:44 AM

Hawk Point, MO is about 45 minutes west of ST. Charles and is a very good track with some big jumps and natural terrain. I don't remember their number but I believe anyone at the local bike shops would know.

• mtrablue

Posted September 01, 2003 - 04:07 PM

Just wanted to throw in my two cents about St.Joe park. Gates open at 7:00am. If you get there early you will beat most of the atv guys. Be very careful in the open sand area in front of the pit area. Alot of the atv guys spend all day just drag racing back and forth. They'll scare the crap out of you. There are some sweet trails hiding in the woods if you take the time to find them.
Also, the park will be hosting a round of the missouri hare scrambles series on october 19th. The park will probably be closed for the race. Don't want any one to show up and be turned away because of the race. The race is a good chance to ride the closed areas of the park. It can be ugly if it's muddy.
If you head to Sutton's Bluff to ride, be aware you must have a plate on you bike and you will need to get a trail use permit. You can get the permits in Centerville at the gas station or from the Sutton's Bluff camp ground host when they are there.
If you are interested, there is a poker run in Viburnum Mo. on october 5th.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Missouri

Fall Is On It's Way To Chadwick by OLHILLBILLY

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Midwest
  • Hot  26 replies
Forums
Photo
Missouri

Chadwick cycles only by allkidd

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Ohio

Just moved to Columbus Ohio by 40oz

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Illinois

Riding decisions for tomorrow. by ARN104

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Illinois

Ride Organic MX by stlmoktm

• 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.