05 wr 450F reving problem

1 reply to this topic
  • brians05wr450

Posted February 04, 2010 - 12:00 AM

The bike was running irraticly and i was told to clean the carb. So I pulled the carb apart and cleaned it with carb cleaner. I cleaned all holes passages all 6 jets everything it is spotless! I am 99.5% sure that I assembled it correctly I even disassembled a second time to double check!!! When i start the bike with no throttel cables conected and the idel screw backed off all the way the engine revs up to around 5 to 6 k I checked the rubber boot by spraying it with carb cleaner while it was running and no change has any one had any similer problems with their wr or any other bikes?????
ALL SUGESTIONS ARE WELCOME ANYTHING WHATEVER YOU GUYS GOT
THANKS IN ADVANCE
BRIAN

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted February 04, 2010 - 12:43 PM

I would attach the cables and try it again.....or, because chances are it will happen even with the cables attached, pull the carb and re-verify things are assembled correctly. Do you have the hot start cable installed? Mess with the "fuel enrichment circuit", aka choke? Something's not set in there correctly....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.