Considering Leftover 09 YZF450

6 replies to this topic
  • BlakeLpd5

Posted February 03, 2010 - 08:39 PM

I currently have an old 1990 cr250. I bought this bike as I wasn't sure I wanted to get back into riding, and it was my test bike. Well needless to say, this has become my favorite hobby of all time, not to mention great bonding time with my older bro. Well we both spend a good part of the day trying to get over hills that look impossible. I seem to get around well on the 2 stroke, but it's time for a 4 stroke that will get me out of these sticky situations I find myself getting caught up in mid hill. I called my local dealer, and they have two leftover 09 YZ450F's in white (the colors I want). I actually inquired about 250's and 450's. For the 250, they want $4666, and for the 450 they want $4999. Seems pretty competitive to what I see on here. Plus another $150 for titling brings it to roughly $5150 otd for a white 09 450. Does that sound like a good deal for a leftover bike? I see lots of threads that compare prices, but I cant tell if they bought them in 09, or if they were leftover stock. Also, are there any particular problems I should be watching for in the 09?

Also, I do a fair amount of riding with my 4 yr old on his KDX50. Will this bike overheat at low speeds like the crf's tend to do?

Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Family Man

Posted February 03, 2010 - 08:56 PM

Yes, that's a great price. Four strokes do over heat if moving slow or ridding hard in tight area for a period of time. 2 strokes dont have an over heating problem as you know you can idle them indefinatley and they wont boil.

• myoung

Posted February 03, 2010 - 09:20 PM

That sounds like a good price compared to what others have been posting. I'd try for an even $5K OTD though to be more in line with what others are paying. You got nothing to lose, even if they don't go for it $5150 is still a good price.

I've noticed my '09 450 has times where it runs hotter than my old '00 426 ever used to. Don't know what design differences would cause this, they are as different as they are similar so it could be anything. It hasn't ever been a problem though.

I do know I love this bike! I bought mine because I started racing and the old 426 just couldn't get it done without some investment. I'm glad I spent the money on the '09 instead of rebuilding the 426. It's such a big change in bike technology and feels so much lighter on the track. I think you'd be more than happy with an '09.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BlakeLpd5

Posted February 03, 2010 - 09:31 PM

thanks for the quick replies! More welcomed... Please!

• bump530

Posted February 04, 2010 - 06:47 AM

walk in there with $5k cash and ill bet they will take it. and that is a good deal. i got mine back in august for $5k before ttyl but that was because yamaha was tryin to get them out the door gettin ready for the 10s to come in

• 8upnmx

Posted February 04, 2010 - 06:48 PM

I love my white 09, wouldn't trade it for two 2010's. Call me crazy, but my 09 is perfect for woods and casual track stuff. Very smooth on the throttle, soft and comfortable to ride with no starting problems. My friends call it the magic carpet ride. Love all the plastic and factory graphics. Best looking 450 yet, IMO. Great all around bike for a casual ridder like myself. Im 6'2 209 lbs at 38 yrs. young.

• Gunner354

Posted February 04, 2010 - 07:28 PM

I love my white 09, wouldn't trade it for two 2010's. Call me crazy, but my 09 is perfect for woods and casual track stuff. Very smooth on the throttle, soft and comfortable to ride with no starting problems. My friends call it the magic carpet ride. Love all the plastic and factory graphics. Best looking 450 yet, IMO. Great all around bike for a casual ridder like myself. Im 6'2 209 lbs at 38 yrs. young.

My 09 is by far the best bike I have ever owned. Dr D pipe, Rekluse are must do mods. Son in law has over 250 hours on his and still running like new. Haven't done anything to it besides tires. Installed a DID erv3 chain when new and still have the original sprockets on it. Also run Evans coolant and Redine oil.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.