Video Review

6 replies to this topic
  • DaveJ

Posted November 19, 2000 - 10:46 PM

Well...I layed out another $24, adding another FMX video to my library. This time it was "Chpater One", the new No Fear video.

I was not that impressed. Terra Firma 7 remains as my favorite, but one of the mags only rated this as an 8 (scale 1 to 10).

So...I thought I would get a string here going here to find out what you guys have and what you like and don't like.

I prefer a good mix of great FMX stuff together with some great MX shots (great moments, passes, starts...etc.)

• Boit

Posted November 20, 2000 - 12:45 AM

For me personally....and not to knock what others enjoy, I just can't get excited by the FMX events. I DO hope the sport grows because I want dirt biking in general to flourish. Admittedly, I don't own a single "bought" video. I just tape the supercross and motocross on I'm lucky enough now to catch 2 supercosses live in New Orleans and Houston. My library has nearly every SX and MX race going back about 6 years. I still like to watch the St. Louis SX of the '96 season where this is the only Emig win of a near McGrath sweep. And I like the one in Minneapolis where Huffman challenges Mcgrath for a few laps until Huffman stall in a corner. Great racing!

• Hick

Posted November 20, 2000 - 07:18 AM

Thanks for the review. I’ve got a pile of those things too, my new favorite is probably MotoHed, but it isn’t really a MX/FMX vid, it is pure off road (Ty Davis, Hawkins, Lafferty, Watts, etc.). I highly recommend it for all off-road guys or trail riders with dreams of off-road glory.

Next in line is Terrafirma 6, I love all the shots of Pastrana. I like the Terrafirma series better than Crusty. That Mike Hatchett (sp?) guy comes up with some great shots and I like the soundtrack as much or more.

But I had no idea that there was a # 7 in this series. Where can I get one?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted November 20, 2000 - 09:02 AM

my favorite videos are steel roots and crusty 3!

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• DaveJ

Posted November 20, 2000 - 10:27 PM

You're right, it's TerraFirma 6, not 7. And I agree, Mike Hatchett does the best work. That was another disappointment about the No Fear Chapter-One tape. Very low quality.

However, it did have the Carey Hart back flip at Gravity. Amazing!!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 21, 2000 - 02:13 PM

The absolute best is Organ Donors. It encompasses Free Riding, Snowmobiles, Jetskis, and Sportbikes all with the general freestyle vibe. It's really good.

Roostn in Denver

• DaveJ

Posted November 21, 2000 - 03:37 PM

I've heard about Organ Donors, I'll have to check that one out.

Have you guys ever seen or heard of "All My Crazy Friends"?

Very So. Cal sort of stuff.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.