Replacement Radiators?? anyone have experience with this?

7 replies to this topic
  • Kurupt

Posted February 02, 2010 - 08:29 PM

I was stripping down my bike today and i found that my left radiator was bent.

It is not leaking but i am considering replacing it before it becomes hard to find (yes i realise this wont be anything soon :lol: )

anyways, i looked on ebay and there a few japanese aftermarket brands that make radiators that have "30% more flow and cooling" and they are not very expensive

heres an example

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...YZ...3D10&ps=63

does anyone have experience with this?

I dont want to buy something that doesnt even fit, or is low quality

If i end up replacing this radiator should i just go stock?

the bike is a 2007 yz450f

• KJ790

Posted February 02, 2010 - 08:46 PM

Those are chinese, not japanese. I have them on one of my YZ250F's with no issues at all. I also have a set on my YZ450F, but that pair had some fitment issues. The radiators are much thicker than stock, and they hit the gas tank, so I had to make myself a radiator lowering kit that moved them down and forward. Other than that I have used them for over a year and have had no issues, they are great for the price.

• cwcarter

Posted February 03, 2010 - 04:31 AM

They look pretty good for the price.

• WGP

Posted February 03, 2010 - 09:48 AM

I would just send it to Mylers and have it fixed for $50

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 03, 2010 - 09:54 AM

I would just send it to Mylers and have it fixed for $50

That would have been my first and immediate response, too, except for the fact the OP is in Australia. Shipping would probably kill the deal. Myler's is absolutely great though.

• tech24

Posted February 03, 2010 - 10:06 AM

I just got a pair for my 450. They look like a nice piece, they are a bit larger so Im not sure on fitment since I have yet to install them. But the holes line up and the welds look great. I have read a few very old posts on here about some bikes overheating with them but just as many posts saying they are great. I figure if they are junk then Im only out 130 bucks. It does look like I will need a few washers for my MSR guards to fit but no bike deal.

• cowboyona426

Posted February 03, 2010 - 10:25 AM

That would have been my first and immediate response, too, except for the fact the OP is in Australia. Shipping would probably kill the deal. Myler's is absolutely great though.

Um... last I checked Saskatchewan was in Canada :ride:
I couldn't get the link to load, but how bad is your radiator bent? When my 06 was brand spankin' new I laid it down in the mud and bent the right radiator some (I knew I should have waited for those rad cages to show up before I rode it, but they were backordered). The radiator was twisted slightly, and the fitting on the bottom was slightly bent. I took it to a local radiator shop and the guy came out to look at it, then just told me "grab ahold and straighten that puppy out" so I did. Its as straight as it will ever be, no leaks. Maybe you'll have the same luck. And look into some radiator cages to keep it from happening again.

• grayracer513

Posted February 03, 2010 - 11:31 AM

Um... last I checked Saskatchewan was in Canada :ride:

Confused it with another radiator post. Not enough coffee.

http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.