fuel leak

1 reply to this topic
  • Rcsnowb

Posted May 14, 2003 - 09:01 PM

I was out riding last weekend and stopped for a quick break when i noticed my bike was leaking a lot of gas out the overflow. I turned the gas off and it stopped. When i turned it back on it started again. I checked the little allen head screw and it was tight. I started riding again back to the truck and it stopped. It did this off and on throughout the day. Not sure what it could be.... I thought maybe some dirt in the carb or the float is getting stuck but not sure.... Any ideas?
Thanks for the help

-Clint

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrenduro450

Posted May 15, 2003 - 04:38 AM

Hey what I always found is that the new bikes have alittle plastic left in the tank. Just a few shavings will get under the needle and seat. :) I would pop the carb off and pull the float out and blow some air in the curcuit. :D Good luck :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.